Abcor has a business goal to achieve a healthy and safe working environment through a robust Occupational Health and Safety Management System. Our strategic health and safety principals are:
- The health and safety of our Employees is our top priority.
- Prevention or proactive management of hazards.
- Effective OHS management translates into superior operational and commercial performance.
- To continually improve Abcor’s Occupational health and Safety Management System.
- Comply with the law.
Abcor recognises our responsibility for the safety and welfare of our employees, contractors and visitors. It is important that we as a team understand our mutual obligations and responsibilities. Abcor will, so far as is reasonably practicable:
- Provide and maintain a safe working environment for employees.
- Provide or maintain safe plant or systems of work.
- Ensure the safety and the absence of risks in connection with the use, handling, storage or transport of plant or substances.
- Provide adequate workplace facilities for the welfare of employees.
- Provide the necessary information, instruction, training or supervision so employees can safely perform their work.
- As appropriate, monitor and keep the health records of employees.
- Monitor workplace conditions.
- Provide information and the names of whom to contact for enquiries or complaints concerning workplace health and safety.
- Use persons suitability qualified to provide advice concerning employees’ health and safety.
- Ensure non-employees are not exposed to risks arising from Abcor’s activities.
Employees, Contractors, Suppliers and Visitors when on Abcor sites must accept personal responsibility for their own and other persons safety on the site by always operating in a safe and appropriate manner including:
- Be “fit for work” without impairment due to drugs, alcohol, illness (physical and mental), medications and fatigue.
- Follow our rules, signage, exclusion zones and instructions.
- Co-operate with an employer's action to comply with the law.
- Not intentionally or recklessly interfere with, wilfully damage or misuse any plant, equipment, parts, materials or protective equipment provided in the workplace.
- Do not undertake a task that they are not competent to perform.